Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 10: Chris

Ten days in and things are going swell. At this point I am down 6 pounds. However, I do realize that during the first week or two weight loss is a little easier cause your body drops water weight and the like, but I am not sure if that applies to me because I have been a pretty consistent exerciser even before the challenge. Either way, I’m stoked!

Mark and I have been getting up at 6:30 in the morning and going to the YMCA to work out. For him this is no big deal, for me this is crucial. I am not a morning person, yet I have desired for the last couple of years to develop some morning discipline. Since Mark is a morning person, this has been helpful for me. Once I actually get out of bed I love being awake and being active. It also helps the energy run through me all day. It even inspires me to engage in more discipline (I’m reading a lot more now.)


Body For LifeI am working through the Body for Life (BFL) program. It consists of short but intense work outs and six mini meals a day. It also includes one free day a week where you don’t have to exercise and you can throw down on whatever food you want. It’s crazy I usually do 45 minutes to an hour of cardio, but the BFL cardio workout is only 20 minutes, yet it kicks my tail. Mark thought I was gonna pass out this morning, haha.

Everyone has been so encouraging and I really appreciate it. Thank you guys!

3 comments:

Ian Barczewski said...

This is so great to read all of this - your mistakes, your lifestyle changes, etc. Keep it coming! I'm proud to be a donor.

Conley said...

dude, its funny because mark wrote that as if we were committing the foulest of sins for eating taco bell and burger king, haha

Anonymous said...

I was actually going to suggest that book. I had a few friends in college that lost a lot of weight on that program.